- Baltic trawlerâ€™s keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ã…lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VÃ¦rft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Zephyr heads for Norway
- New fly-shooter for young ThyborÃ¸n fisherman
Freezer trawlers take shape at Vyborg yard
A new generation of freezer trawlers is taking shape at the Vyborg Shipyard, part of the United Shipbuilding Corporation, with a new generation of fishing vessels under construction.
Two freezer trawlers for Arkhangelsk Trawl Fleet are being built under the KMT01 project, with the lead vesselâ€™s keel laid on 31st May last year, followed by construction starting on its sister vessel earlier this year. There are four vessels altogether in the KMT01 project, designed to be able to process 140 tonnes per day.
In January this year, work began on the lead trawler of the KMT02 project for Nord Pilgrim. Designed to process 100 tonnes per day and to have a 375 cubic metre fishroom, there are four vessels under this construction project for several Russian fishing companies.
In 2016-17, the Vyborg Shipyard signed a number of contracts for new fishing vessels and there are currently fourteen trawlers and crab vessels on the yardâ€™s orderbook.
WorldFishingToday - 08-03-2018