- Construction starts on second Norebo trawler
- Baltic trawlerâ€™s keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ã…lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VÃ¦rft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Zephyr heads for Norway
- Norske Â»HardhausÂ« skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelÃ¸b
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- GrÃ¸nlandske fartÃ¸jer vÃ¦lger nordjysk service
- Beinur Ã¦ndre skibsfarve til blÃ¥
- GÃ¥r det for langsomt â€“ sÃ¥ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TÃ¦t kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pÃ¥ toppen.
- TrÃ¦kuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
Gondan launches live carrier
The Gondan Shipyard has launched its first live fish carrier, with representatives of owning company Salmon Star present to see thir new vessel launched at Figueras.
The Sawicon-designed Martin SÃ¦le has an overall length of 49.75 metres, a beam of 12.60 metres and is designed to have a 1000 cubic metre capacity for water and live fish in its holding tanks.
Martin SÃ¦le is expected to operate around the Shetland Islands, carrying young and fully-grown fish to farms around the coats and handling transport to and from inland factories and farms.
According to the Gondan Shipyard, Martin SÃ¦le is a highly technologically advanced vessel capable of carrying a crew of seven, but due to its sophisticated systems will be able to operate with only four crew. Martin SÃ¦le is being built to Sawiconâ€™s SAW8037 design.
Now that the vessel has been launched, outfitting will take several weeks before it can undergo sea trials and then head for its charterers in Scotland
WorldFishingToday - 02-08-2016