- Aker BioMarine christens new krill catcher
- Rampesca orders second Falklands freezer
- Nodosa delivers first of Cuxhaven pair
- World's largest wellboat â€“ heading for Tasmania
- Saupiquet orders tuna seiner from Piriou
- Trawler order for Rolls-Royce and Astilleros GondÃ¡n
- Double launch at Sefine Shipyard
- Australiaâ€™s biggest rock lobster catcher
- Northern Shipyard adds third longliner to its orderbook
- Stadyard delivers netter/longliner to Kenfish II
- Pella Shipyard launches Russiaâ€™s first custom-built crabber
- Normandy pair from Boulogne yard
- New Cleopatra 33 delivered to Trondheim
- New autoliner ordered for Tasmanian company
- New purser/seiner for Hovden Senior
- Norske Â»HardhausÂ« skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelÃ¸b
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- GrÃ¸nlandske fartÃ¸jer vÃ¦lger nordjysk service
- Beinur Ã¦ndre skibsfarve til blÃ¥
- GÃ¥r det for langsomt â€“ sÃ¥ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TÃ¦t kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pÃ¥ toppen.
- TrÃ¦kuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
Newbuild for Cherbourg
Cherbourgâ€™s first new trawler for more than twenty years has been ordered by David and Sophie Leroy of Armement Cherbourgois.
Already operating the Marie-Catherine and the Marantha II that was acquired from Boulogne in 2014, David and Sophie Leroy have placed an order with the Socarenam yard in Boulogne for a new trawler, the first newbuild for Cherbourg since 1994.
The new trawlerâ€™s steel hull will be constructed at St Malo and taken to Boulogne for fitting out at Socarenam, with a delivery date of September 2017. It will measure 22.50 metres overall with a beam of 7.60 metres and will feature several innovations.
According to Sophie Leroy, they went to many yards before opting to build at Socarenam, which also built the Marantha II.
She said that the authorities had made available some dormant capacity, making it possible to embark on a newbuilding, so they took the opportunity as it became available.
WorldFishingToday - 23-05-2016