- Baltic trawlerâ€™s keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ã…lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VÃ¦rft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Zephyr heads for Norway
- New fly-shooter for young ThyborÃ¸n fisherman
Zamakona delivers tuna seiner to Nicra-7
The Zamakona Shipyard at Santurce in northern Spain has delivered the new 81.54 metre LOA by 14.10 metre beam tuna purse seiner Guria to fishing company Nicra-7.
Guria is designed by Cintranaval-Defcar and is expected to operate in Atlantic waters alongside the operating companyâ€™s other vessels, Kurtzio, Matxikorta and Albacora.
Guria has a capacity of 1700 cubic metres in 16 wells with a ban of three 270hp refrigeration compressors to freeze brine and maintain the temperature in the wells.
The full propulsion package is from WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤, with a 4000kW main engine driving a WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ gearbox and controllable pitch propeller to give a top speed of 16 knots. Electrical power is supplied by the three 750kW gensets.
Deck equipment is from Marco, with a WS-566 main winch and a PB-78E main hauler. The electronics setup on board is composed primarily of Furuno hardware, including FSV-35 and FSV-85 scanning sonars, FCV-1200 sounders and FAR-2167, FAR-2157 and FAR-2137 radars.
Guria has accommodation for a crew of up to 28.
WorldFishingToday - 18-12-2015