- New Resolute is WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ design
- Aker BioMarine christens new krill catcher
- Rampesca orders second Falklands freezer
- Nodosa delivers first of Cuxhaven pair
- World's largest wellboat â€“ heading for Tasmania
- Saupiquet orders tuna seiner from Piriou
- Trawler order for Rolls-Royce and Astilleros GondÃ¡n
- Double launch at Sefine Shipyard
- Australiaâ€™s biggest rock lobster catcher
- Northern Shipyard adds third longliner to its orderbook
- Stadyard delivers netter/longliner to Kenfish II
- Pella Shipyard launches Russiaâ€™s first custom-built crabber
- Normandy pair from Boulogne yard
- New Cleopatra 33 delivered to Trondheim
- New autoliner ordered for Tasmanian company
Icelandic fishing company is considering renewing fresh fish trawlers
HB Grandi and the Turkish shipyard Celiktrans Denis Insaat Ltd. have reached an agreement for Celiktrans to fully design and build a model of a fresh fish trawler for tank testing.
AlfreÃ° Tulinius and BÃ¡rÃ°ur Hafsteinsson, naval engineers at Nautic EHF., are to be responsible for the design and the testing, is expected to be fully completed by june 2014.
A decision will subsequently be made by the parties as to whether to embark on building three fresh fish trawlers.
If an agreement is reached, the first trawler to be delivered will arrive in mid-year 2016. A draft appearance design of the trawlers, which are 55 m in length and 13.5 m wide, has already been completed.
The Ceiliktrans shipyard currently has a pelagic fishing vessel under construction for HB Grandi.
WorldFishingToday - 19-03-2014