- Waterdance crabber launched at Den Oever
- Construction starts on second Norebo trawler
- Baltic trawlerâ€™s keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ã…lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VÃ¦rft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
Icelandic fishing company is considering renewing fresh fish trawlers
HB Grandi and the Turkish shipyard Celiktrans Denis Insaat Ltd. have reached an agreement for Celiktrans to fully design and build a model of a fresh fish trawler for tank testing.
AlfreÃ° Tulinius and BÃ¡rÃ°ur Hafsteinsson, naval engineers at Nautic EHF., are to be responsible for the design and the testing, is expected to be fully completed by june 2014.
A decision will subsequently be made by the parties as to whether to embark on building three fresh fish trawlers.
If an agreement is reached, the first trawler to be delivered will arrive in mid-year 2016. A draft appearance design of the trawlers, which are 55 m in length and 13.5 m wide, has already been completed.
The Ceiliktrans shipyard currently has a pelagic fishing vessel under construction for HB Grandi.
WorldFishingToday - 19-03-2014