- Waterdance crabber launched at Den Oever
- Construction starts on second Norebo trawler
- Baltic trawlerâs keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ă lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VĂŚrft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Norske ÂťHardhausÂŤ skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelĂ¸b
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- Rationsfiskeriet efter tobis er stoppet
- Forbud mod rationsfiskeri af tobis
- Forbud mod rationsfiskeri af tobis
- GrĂ¸nlandske fartĂ¸jer vĂŚlger nordjysk service
- Beinur ĂŚndre skibsfarve til blĂĽ
- ĂstersĂ¸en og BĂŚlterne - MAF fartĂ¸jer kan se frem til forhĂ¸jede rationer af rĂ¸dspĂŚtter
- GĂĽr det for langsomt â sĂĽ vend propellen.
- Forbud mod fangst af laks.
- Bilag 6 - Forbud mod FKA-rationsfiskeri
- Bilag 6 - FKA-rationsfiskeri af kulmule i NordsĂ¸en
- Bilag 6 - FKA-rationsfiskeri af kuller i Skagerrak, Kattegat samt ĂstersĂ¸en og BĂŚlterne
- Rationsfiskerne har fanget mange tobis.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TĂŚt kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pĂĽ toppen.
- TrĂŚkuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
Shetland flyshooter heads home from Denmark
The Tranquility Fishing Company has taken delivery of a new 27.55 metre by 8 metre beam seine netter built at the VestvĂŚrft yard in Denmark. Tranquillity LK-63 is the companyâs first newbuilding, and follows the older boat the seven co-owners started out with in 2008, and its 2010 replacement.
Skipper Stuart Anderson spends part of the year working on a larger pelagic vessel, fishing for herring as the season starts in August before moving on to mackerel in the winter months.
The spring and summer months are when Tranquility fishes for cod, haddock and saithe, plus some monkfish, working only in daylight with three to four shots a day and the catch generally landed the same day. Sometimes there are longer trips, depending on the fishing, with Stuart Anderson and David Reid taking turns as skipper.
Tranquility has a 680kW Mitsubishi S6U supplied by West Diesel in Esbjerg, driving a Hundested CPGD120 reduction gearbox with two PTOs and turning a 2780mm four-bladed Hundested propeller inside a high-efficiency nozzle. Hundested also supplied the SFT4 bow thruster. Gensets are a pair of 149kVa Volvo Penta D7s.
AS-Scan supplied the Scan-Steering MT1600 steering gear.
There is a Vest-El system on board, which has been in development for several years and is capable of co-ordinating the vesselâs systems via a double display in the wheelhouse. The system co-ordinates the engine management, lights, pumps, fuel and water tanks, and cooling. Tank capacities are for 36,000 litres of fuel and 12,000 litres of fresh water. Accommodation is for up to nine persons on board.
The wheelhouse electronics package was supplied by Scalloway company H. Williamsons and installed by ThyborĂ¸n company TSR.
Safety equipment is from Viking and Quiksling supplied Tranquilityâs rescue sling
The deck is laid out with the winches lifted higher than usual, which Stuart Anderson said provides a great deal of working space, plus increasing the beam by 30cm has increased the fishroom capacity as well as the working area.
The deck equipment and hydraulic installation have been handled by ThyborĂ¸n Skibs and Motor, with a pair of 18-tonne pull winches capable of holding 4000 metres of 44mm diameter seine rope. There are three double net drums under the aft gantry, plus a codend winch. Cranes are from Thistle Marine, with one deck crane and a powerblock crane for handling fishing gear.
ThyborĂ¸n Trawlbinderi supplied Tranquilityâs seine nets. The 1220 mesh Combi Flyshooter net is designed to suit hake, haddock and whiting, and is rigged on a 55.20 metre footrope with 4, 5 and 6 inch discs and 100 deep-sea floats. The 1060/60 high lift Balloon Flyshooter gear is for cod, haddock and hake, and is rigged on a rockhopper footrope with 10 and 12 inch discs.
Catches are dropped below to the catch handling deck for sorting, gutting and washing. VCU supplied the complete catch handling system, with a sorting conveyor, bins and two bubblejet washers. The sorted fish are transferred to the fishroom to be boxed and iced. VCU also supplied its Catch Management System for precise recording of weighed catches, and boxes are weighed using a pair of Marel M1100E scales. Lemvig Maskin & KĂ¸leteknik supplied the two 3000kg per day ice machines and the fishroom chiller system.
Tranquility Fishing Company has its own quota of whitefish that is placed in the Shetland pool administered by LHD. According to Stuart Anderson, the scheme means they have stable rental prices without uncomfortable peaks.
He commented that during the build process, there was outstanding co-operation with VestvĂŚrftet, with contributions from the yard during the design and build that will optimise workflows on board, as well as improving levels of safety and comfort on board Tranquility.
WorldFishingToday - 16-06-2018