- Baltic trawlerâ€™s keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ã…lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VÃ¦rft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Zephyr heads for Norway
- New fly-shooter for young ThyborÃ¸n fisherman
- Norske Â»HardhausÂ« skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelÃ¸b
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- GrÃ¸nlandske fartÃ¸jer vÃ¦lger nordjysk service
- Beinur Ã¦ndre skibsfarve til blÃ¥
- GÃ¥r det for langsomt â€“ sÃ¥ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TÃ¦t kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pÃ¥ toppen.
- TrÃ¦kuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
Newbuilds take shape at Macduff
Thereâ€™s plenty going on at Macduff Shipyards these days, with the latest in the yardâ€™s roster of newbuilds coming closer to completion.
Twin-rig trawler Caledonia III BCK-35 has been launched at Macduffâ€™s Buckie facility and is now alongside for the later stages of fitting out before heading for sea trials later this summer.
Caledonia III is a sister vessel to Asteria which was delivered by the yard at Buckie last autumn. It features a Caterpillar C18 main engine coupled to a 7:1 reduction gearbox and driving a 2000 mm diameter propeller and matching nozzle supplied by WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤.
The yard has also rolled the new 24 metre Achieve FR-100 out of the fabrication hall and it is now also alongside in the harbour for fitting out.
Built to a new design drawn up by Macduff Ship Design, Achieve is arranged for seine netting and will be handed over to local owner Bruce Buchan after completion of sea trials, which are scheduled to be carried out next month.
WorldFishingToday - 07-06-2018