- Construction starts on second Norebo trawler
- Baltic trawlerâs keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ă lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VĂŚrft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Zephyr heads for Norway
- Norske ÂťHardhausÂŤ skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelĂ¸b
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- Atten blĂĽfinnede tun indsamler netop nu vĂŚrdifuld viden
- Top-rovdyret blandt fisk er tilbage i de danske farvande
- Ph.d.-forsvar om aktive og passive vandloppers adfĂŚrd
- Fremtidens fiskefartĂ¸j udvikles i Nordjylland
- Fiskers eget redskabsforslag giver fantastisk resultat
- GrĂ¸nlandske fartĂ¸jer vĂŚlger nordjysk service
- Villum legat til forskning af biodiversitet pĂĽ Ă¸kosystemer i havet
- NĂĽr varmen kommer flytter fiskene sig gennem NordĂ¸st- og Nordvestpassagen
- Beinur ĂŚndre skibsfarve til blĂĽ
- Almindelige fĂ¸devarer tilsat fiskeolie - giver Ă¸get sundhed
- StĂŚrke fisk vandrer for at ikke at blive ĂŚdt
- Hvor lĂŚnge kan havets biologiske pumpe blive ved
- GĂĽr det for langsomt â sĂĽ vend propellen.
- International Pole & Line Foundation har udgivet undersĂ¸gelse om tun fiskeriet.
- Ulken â den grimme fisk med den store mund.
- Kun fĂĽ tobislarver ved Doggerbanke og nordlige NordsĂ¸
- DTU Aqua udlodder 10.000,- i spĂ¸rgeskema undersĂ¸gelse.
- Fisheries conference pĂĽ NordsĂ¸en Forskerpark
- Er det fedt at vĂŚre norsk fisk?
- Ising gir bedre rĂĽstoff enn RSW-kjĂ¸ling
- NĂŚring avhengig av utenlandsk arbeidskraft
- Mindre maskestĂ¸rrelser i hesterejefiskeriet
- DNA-analyser afslĂ¸rer bunkebryllup hos ĂĽl
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TĂŚt kontakt til kunderne.
- Superresultater med superkjĂ¸ling
- Trussel mod torsk afblĂŚst
- Overfladebehandlinger pĂĽ toppen.
- Torsk med termometre
- Kameramoniteringen - den rigtige lĂ¸sning,eller?
- Ny stĂ¸rart fanget
- International pris for forskning i havets ressourcer
- Tv om selektivt fiskeri og trawlteknologi
- Overfiskeri bliver overdrevet
- SjĂŚlden dybhavsfisk fanget i Kattegat
- Fiskart i danske farvande vĂŚkker bekymring.
- Ny skipper i havforskningens tjeneste
- Er der tun i Ăresund?
- Gode resultater pĂĽ norsk forskningstogt.
- Mere miljĂ¸- og ressourcevenlig not-teknologi.
- Fangstkvote ordning 2010 & 2011
- MillionbelĂ¸b til nye forskningsfaciliteter til DTU Aqua
- Gigant brĂ¸ler i den biologiske rĂĽdgivning.
- Projekt âIndustri til konsumâ afsluttes.
- Kinesisk delegation kan ĂĽbne Kina for import af fiskemel og -olie.
- Flydende naturgas skal vĂŚre fremtidens billige og miljĂ¸venlige alternativ som brĂŚndstof til skibe
- DTU Aqua sĂ¸ger oplysninger om udbredelsen af stillehavsĂ¸sters.
- TrĂŚkuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
New Skagen shrimper Emli Pilegaard
The unusual name of the latest new trawler to join the Skagen fleet isnât a spelling mistake â but all the same, it has called for more than a few explanations from skipper and owner Christian Pilegaard.
His old boat, which was handed over in February to new owner Thomas Christensen, was Emmely Pilegaard after his eldest daughter, but with a new boat on the way, her sister wasnât inclined to be left out, so the new boatâs name is drawn from their two names, Emmely and Lilly, to make Em-Li, hence Emli Pilegaard.
The new boatâs construction hasnât been an entirely easy ride. It was designed by VestvĂŚrft and the hull was commissioned from a yard in Riga. But with a shortage of labour, the half-completed hull was towed to Gdynia in Poland to be finished, before being brought to ThyborĂ¸n to be fully fitted out with ThyborĂ¸n Skibs & Motor as the main contractor.
The problems with the hull construction resulted in a delay of around six months, but once the steelwork has arrived in ThyborĂ¸n, work on the 28 metre overall, 8.40 metre beam shrimper with accommodation for a crew of six progressed rapidly, with both the main contractor and sub-contractors making efforts to get the build back to schedule â and came close to getting the Emli Pilegaard delivered on the original completion date.
As well as acting as the newbuildâs main contractor, ThyborĂ¸n Skibs & Motor also supplied the hydraulic deck equipment, with three 18 tonne trawl winches with a ThyborĂ¸n trawl computer, single and double net drums, several smaller winches and an anchor windlass, and a hydraulic system for positioning the three towing blocks. The discharging crane is a TMP 900.
Designed to concentrate on shrimp, Emli Pilegaard has an Intech International factory on board that breaks some new ground in terms of cooking and processing speed. The factory deck is highly automated and the process has been improved and speeded up as the cooling time for the cooked shrimp has been approximately halved to only half an hour. Lemvig Maskin og KĂ¸leteknik supplied the refrigeration system and ice machine.
According to Christian Pilegaard, this has implications for both time saving and quality, which he expects to be reflected in better prices for his catches â and better earnings for the crew who alternate a two-week trip at sea, followed by the next trip ashore.
He added that the space the factory has been fitted in is a big improvement, making cleaning easier and more effective, while providing a better working environment for the crew.
In addition to optimised processing, the catching side has also been refined with selective trawl gear supplied by Selstad Nordtrawl with sorting grids to exclude by-catches. Selstad Nordtrawlâs Skagen net loft supplied three complete shrimp trawls and the doors and clump are from ThyrborĂ¸n Trawldoor. The twin-rig setup achieves a spread of 160 metres between the doors, and the gear performance can be monitored from the wheelhouse via the Scanmar sensor setup to maintain optimum configuration.
Electronics were supplied by TSR Electronic, with a mainly Furuno setup including FAR-2117 radar, SC-70 and SC-30 satellite compasses. The DFF1-UHD Chirp echo sounder is also from Furuno, and this is alongside the WASSP system that includes side-scan and ground hardness modules with a 3D module linked to the MaxSea plotters. Fishing gear sensors are from Scanmar.
Emli Pilegaard has a 12-cylinder,746kW Cummins QSK 38-M main engine turning a Hundested 2780mm diameter propeller inside a 2800mm nozzle, via a Hundested CPGD gearbox with a 12:1 reduction and fitted with two PTOs. Hundested also supplied the 160hp SFT4 bow thruster. Auxiliary engines are a pair of 141 kVa Cummins QSB 7-DM units. Scan Steering supplied the Type MT1600 steering gear.
Fuel capacity is for 47,000 litres of diesel, and 11,000 litres of fresh water can be carried, plus 17,000 litres of processing water.
WorldFishingToday - 17-05-2018