- Baltic trawlerâ€™s keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ã…lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VÃ¦rft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Zephyr heads for Norway
- New fly-shooter for young ThyborÃ¸n fisherman
Keel laid at Vyborg Shipyard
The Vyborg Shipyard, part of United Shipbuilding Corporation, held a keel-laying ceremony for a new trawler at its yard, the first of a new series of trawlers for Russian owners.
The keel of the trawler project KMT02.01, ordered for Murmansk company Nord Pilgrim, was laid at the yard.
Laying the keel of a new vessel is always an event worth celebrating,â€™ said Alexander Solovyov, General Director of Vyborg Shipyard.
â€˜Last year, the first ship under the draft law on investment fishing quotas was laid at the Vyborg shipyard. Today we are starting a new series of trawlers designed to develop fisheries in the Barents Sea.â€™
This latest newbuild for Nord Pilgrim is being built to an 80 by 15.40 metre ST-116XL design to Ice Class 3 standard and it will be capable of twin-rigging. It will carry a crew of 46 and be optimised for catching and processing groundfish and shrimp, with a high-tech factory deck and a freezing capacity of 100 tonnes per 24 hours. A canning facility is also part of the factory deck layout, as well as a fishmeal plant. The fishroom will have a 2-50 cubic metre capacity, plus a 260 cubic metre meal hold.
This new trawler and its sister vessel will be fitted with eight-cylinder WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ 32 main engines as part of complete WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ propulsion packages that include the gear boxes and controllable pitch propellers coming from the same supplier, along with side thrusters, WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ ProTouch propulsion control systems and six- and four-cylinder auxiliary engines.
WorldFishingToday - 07-02-2018