- New Resolute is WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ design
- Aker BioMarine christens new krill catcher
- Rampesca orders second Falklands freezer
- Nodosa delivers first of Cuxhaven pair
- World's largest wellboat â€“ heading for Tasmania
- Saupiquet orders tuna seiner from Piriou
- Trawler order for Rolls-Royce and Astilleros GondÃ¡n
- Double launch at Sefine Shipyard
- Australiaâ€™s biggest rock lobster catcher
- Northern Shipyard adds third longliner to its orderbook
- Stadyard delivers netter/longliner to Kenfish II
- Pella Shipyard launches Russiaâ€™s first custom-built crabber
- Normandy pair from Boulogne yard
- New Cleopatra 33 delivered to Trondheim
- New autoliner ordered for Tasmanian company
- Norske Â»HardhausÂ« skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelÃ¸b
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- GrÃ¸nlandske fartÃ¸jer vÃ¦lger nordjysk service
- Beinur Ã¦ndre skibsfarve til blÃ¥
- GÃ¥r det for langsomt â€“ sÃ¥ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TÃ¦t kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pÃ¥ toppen.
- TrÃ¦kuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
New netter heads home for Christmas
Jemar Norpower has delivered a new 43ft Malo fishing boat to owners in the north of Norway, with the yardâ€™s staff putting in overtime to complete the new boat two weeks ahead of schedule so owner Johnny Henriksen was able to sail it home before Christmas.
The TromsÃ¸-registered Malangsfjord is the first of its kind from the company with a new bow configuration, giving the boat more deck space and a fishroom capacity of 34 cubic metres. Malangsfjord measures 12.99 metres overall with a 4,45 metre beam.
Designed for fishing with static gear, the boat has a built-up port side gunwale with a Fassi deck crane mounted on it for discharging catches.
The package of deck hydraulics is from Lorentzen Hydraulikk, including a 1200kg net hauler with a sorting table, a control arm and a netstacker mounted over the gear pounds aft. The fish handling equipment including the washer and bleeding bin, are from SmÃ¥dal Mekaniske.
Malangsfjord has a 405hp Cummins QSL8.9M main engine driving a four-bladed Nogva propeller via a Nogva HC258 reduction gear with a 3.95:1 ratio, and fitted with a PTO. The side thruster is an SH420 unit from Sleipner Hydraulisk
The accommodation forward has three berths as well as a large bathroom with underfloor heating. The wheelhouse has the control area offset to starboard while the port side of the wheelhouse has the galley and mess area.
â€˜Because of the Christmas holidays and forecasts for bad weather up north, everyone in production worked long days in the last few weeks,â€™ Nine Ersnes a Jemar Norpower said.
â€˜All this paid off because Malangsfjord and its crew were able to set off home fourteen days before the contracted delivery date. We are proud to deliver the biggest boat ever built in our construction yard at SÃ¸rholmen, in the same year that we celebrate our 100 year anniversary,â€™ she said.
WorldFishingToday - 22-12-2017