- Construction starts on second Norebo trawler
- Baltic trawlerâ€™s keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ã…lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VÃ¦rft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Zephyr heads for Norway
- Norske Â»HardhausÂ« skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelÃ¸b
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- GrÃ¸nlandske fartÃ¸jer vÃ¦lger nordjysk service
- Beinur Ã¦ndre skibsfarve til blÃ¥
- GÃ¥r det for langsomt â€“ sÃ¥ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TÃ¦t kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pÃ¥ toppen.
- TrÃ¦kuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
Kaliningrad yard to build factory trawler
The Yantar Shipyard in Kaliningrad, part of the United Shipbuilding Corporation, has contracted to deliver a 113 metre factory trawler to Vladivostok company Preobrazhensky Trawl Fleet in October 2021.
The new trawler will be the largest yet ordered for a Russian fishing company ay 113 metres with a 21 metre beam and fitted out with a sophisticated processing deck and refrigerated storage. The design of this new trawler has been developed by Hotchya Marine Engineering and the keel is scheduled to be laid towards the end of next year.
Yantar is currently building three combination pelagic vessels for another far eastern customer, the V Lenin Fishing Collective Farm, with Leninets, Komandor and Udarnik expected to be delivered during 2018. As such, the yard has set a lead in supplying modern vessels for the Russian fleet as the first yard in Russia to construct newbuilds for the fleetâ€™s renewal.
The Yantar yard was established in July 1945 on the basis of the former Schichau Werft yard in what had been KÃ¶nigsberg. It is part of the state-owned United Shipbuilding Corporation, which includes around forty shipyards, design companies and other entities. The yard has built around 160 military vessels and more than 500 merchant ships.
â€˜The expansion of the civilian product line is an important part of the company's strategy,â€™ said Yantar Shipyardâ€™s general director Eduard Efimov. â€˜We are ready and able to develop in this direction, offering customers the best options for co-operation.â€™
WorldFishingToday - 05-12-2017