- Baltic trawlerâs keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ă lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VĂŠrft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Zephyr heads for Norway
- New fly-shooter for young ThyborĂžn fisherman
- Norske Â»HardhausÂ« skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelĂžb
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- GrĂžnlandske fartĂžjer vĂŠlger nordjysk service
- Beinur ĂŠndre skibsfarve til blĂ„
- GĂ„r det for langsomt â sĂ„ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TĂŠt kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pĂ„ toppen.
- Projekt âIndustri til konsumâ afsluttes.
- Kinesisk delegation kan Ă„bne Kina for import af fiskemel og -olie.
- Stor check pĂ„ vej til andelshaverne i TripleNine
- TrĂŠkuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
- VĂŠrdi af tobis kvoten 2010: 462 mio.kr.
- FlĂ„den fra ThyborĂžn og den lokale havn sidder pĂ„ tobismĂŠngderne
- Triple Nine - Nyhedsbrev - 3/2010
New trawler for Le Guilvinec
Le Guilvinec fishing company Armement Bigouden has taken delivery of a new trawler, designed by Coprexma and built at the Chantiers GlĂ©hen yard in Douarnanez. The new trawler was formally christened on Saturday in Le Guilvinec.
Built on a steel hull with aluminium superstructure, the new Bara Breizh follows a tried and tested formula, again bringing together a designer and a shipyard with a 30-year track record of supplying this fishing company.
Capable of operating as a twin-rig demersal trawler or with pelagic gear for part of the year for pair trawling for albacore tuna, Bara Breizh is 24.95 metres overall with 7.80 metre beam and is designed with a 4.50 metre draft to make the port of Le Guilvinec accessible.
The 180 cubic metre fishroom has capacity for fifty 660 litre fish tuns and twenty-three 460 litre tubs, as well as a 30 cubic metre holding area for discards to be retained.
Bara Breizh has deck equipment supplied by Bopp, with three main trawl winches, five net drums, two gilsons and a crane for discharging catches. Trawl doors are from MorgĂšre and trawl gear is supplied by le Drezen.
The main engine is a 600kW Caterpillar 3512 driving a 2400mm diameter propeller inside a nozzle via a Masson Marine W7400 NR EW reduction gear.
During the design process a great deal of attention was paid to crew comfort and ergonomic working conditions on board. Accommodation is two-berth crew cabins and single cabins for the engineer and skipper, and the crew are heavily insulated to minimise noise and vibration.
A sister vessel, so far known only as Bara XVII, is under construction at the yard in Dournanez and is scheduled for delivery in mid-2019. The company has regularly renewed its fleet over the years, but the last newbuild for Armement Bigouden was five years ago.
One of the companyâs older trawlers is being sold to Mauretania to make way for the new Bara Breizh. Skipper Gilles Lazard and his crew have switched to the new trawler from Bara Anty.
WorldFishingToday - 06-11-2017