- Keel laid for first of Russian Fishery Company's new fleet
- Norebo supersizes order with four more trawlers
- New Resolute is WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ design
- Aker BioMarine christens new krill catcher
- Rampesca orders second Falklands freezer
- Nodosa delivers first of Cuxhaven pair
- World's largest wellboat â€“ heading for Tasmania
- Saupiquet orders tuna seiner from Piriou
- Trawler order for Rolls-Royce and Astilleros GondÃ¡n
- Double launch at Sefine Shipyard
- Australiaâ€™s biggest rock lobster catcher
- Northern Shipyard adds third longliner to its orderbook
- Stadyard delivers netter/longliner to Kenfish II
- Pella Shipyard launches Russiaâ€™s first custom-built crabber
- Normandy pair from Boulogne yard
- Norske Â»HardhausÂ« skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelÃ¸b
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- GrÃ¸nlandske fartÃ¸jer vÃ¦lger nordjysk service
- Beinur Ã¦ndre skibsfarve til blÃ¥
- GÃ¥r det for langsomt â€“ sÃ¥ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TÃ¦t kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pÃ¥ toppen.
- TrÃ¦kuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
New Shetland Cleopatra
Icelandic boatbuilder Trefjarâ€™s latest delivery is a new Cleopatra 33 delivered to Whalsay owner Allister Irvine.
Spindrift is rigged for netting and handlining, plus it has a mackerel jigging system on board, and Allister Irvine expects to operate the boat year-round from Whalsay.
The new boat is built on classic Trefjar lines, with roomy accommodation forward with bunks for three plus a galley and mess area. The fishroom is amidships with capacity for fifteen 80 litre tubs and the engine space is after, housing the Doosan L086TIM main engine that turns a ZF 286IV reduction gear. Access to the engine space is through the deckhouse aft.
Spindrift has electronics from Furuno as well as a MaxSea plotting system and the autopilot is linked to the side thruster to activate it automatically, helping keep the boat on course when fishing at low speeds.
WorldFishingToday - 05-10-2017