- Construction starts on second Norebo trawler
- Baltic trawlerâ€™s keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ã…lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VÃ¦rft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Zephyr heads for Norway
- Norske Â»HardhausÂ« skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelÃ¸b
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- GrÃ¸nlandske fartÃ¸jer vÃ¦lger nordjysk service
- Beinur Ã¦ndre skibsfarve til blÃ¥
- GÃ¥r det for langsomt â€“ sÃ¥ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TÃ¦t kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pÃ¥ toppen.
- TrÃ¦kuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
New Shetland Cleopatra
Icelandic boatbuilder Trefjarâ€™s latest delivery is a new Cleopatra 33 delivered to Whalsay owner Allister Irvine.
Spindrift is rigged for netting and handlining, plus it has a mackerel jigging system on board, and Allister Irvine expects to operate the boat year-round from Whalsay.
The new boat is built on classic Trefjar lines, with roomy accommodation forward with bunks for three plus a galley and mess area. The fishroom is amidships with capacity for fifteen 80 litre tubs and the engine space is after, housing the Doosan L086TIM main engine that turns a ZF 286IV reduction gear. Access to the engine space is through the deckhouse aft.
Spindrift has electronics from Furuno as well as a MaxSea plotting system and the autopilot is linked to the side thruster to activate it automatically, helping keep the boat on course when fishing at low speeds.
WorldFishingToday - 05-10-2017