- Aker BioMarine christens new krill catcher
- Rampesca orders second Falklands freezer
- Nodosa delivers first of Cuxhaven pair
- World's largest wellboat â€“ heading for Tasmania
- Saupiquet orders tuna seiner from Piriou
- Trawler order for Rolls-Royce and Astilleros GondÃ¡n
- Double launch at Sefine Shipyard
- Australiaâ€™s biggest rock lobster catcher
- Northern Shipyard adds third longliner to its orderbook
- Stadyard delivers netter/longliner to Kenfish II
- Pella Shipyard launches Russiaâ€™s first custom-built crabber
- Normandy pair from Boulogne yard
- New Cleopatra 33 delivered to Trondheim
- New autoliner ordered for Tasmanian company
- New purser/seiner for Hovden Senior
- Ny EuropÃ¦isk Vejr-satellit opsendes i nat
- Tirsdagen byder pÃ¥ vejrskifte med hÃ¥rd stormende kuling
- Storm blÃ¦ste iltsvindet baglÃ¦ns i de lavvandede fjorde
- Danske byer skal rustes mod stormflod og stigende havvand
- DMIÂ´s istjeneste for SydgrÃ¸nland skaber Ã¸get sikkerhed
- FÃ¦rÃ¸ske kystfiskere fryder sig over ny app
- Nordjylland: Stormende kuling venter nordjyderne
- Gigantisk bÃ¸lge mÃ¥lt ud for Skotland
- Vestkysthavnene melder kun om mindre skader efter Urd
- Vejrmeldingen gik i bogstaveligste forstand i fisk..
- DMI varsler vindstÃ¸d af stormstyrke ved vestkysten
- DMI fÃ¥r ny stor Vejr-krystalkugle
- Var orkanen Bodil Ã¥rets sidste
- Stormen BODIL rammer den jyske vestkyst
- DMI`s farvandsudsigter har holdt flyttedag
- Klimaforandringer pÃ¥virker livet i havene
- Internationale forskere mener den globale opvarmning er bremset en smule op
- Klimaforandringer giver mere ekstremt vejr og forvÃ¦rret havklima omkring os
- Kraftig storm pÃ¥ vej
- Se NASAs video over havstrÃ¸mmene pÃ¥ Jordens overflade
- Stiv modvind og kulde gav overisning i Ã˜stersÃ¸en
- Hirtshals gik nÃ¦sten fri â€“ Skagen ramt
- PÃ¥ trods af storm valgte en del fartÃ¸jer at blive pÃ¥ havet.
- Varsel om forhÃ¸jet vandstand natten til lÃ¸rdag
Vard lands fish transporter contract
Specialised designer and shipbuilder Vard Holdings Limited has landed a contract for the design and construction of a new live fish transport vessel for Fjordlaks Aqua in Ã…lesund.
The new vessel is to be built to a Vard 8 50 design, scheduled for delivery from Vard Aukra in Norway in the third quarter of 2018. The hull will be built at Vard Braila in Romania.
â€˜Ordering this vessel is a critical part of our strategy to have in-house control of all vital parts of our operations. We highly appreciate the co-operation with Vard and look forward to cooperate on this project, which is of major importance for us,â€™ commented Fjordlaks Aquaâ€™s CEO Roger Hofseth.
The Vard 8 50 is an innovative and modern live fish transport vessel with a flexible diesel-electric propulsion system. With a length of 60.50 metres and a beam of 14 metres, it has been developed for efficient, safe and sustainable operations.
â€˜This contract is in line with Vardâ€™s strategy to expand our broad product portfolio and services for the aquaculture business. I am pleased to welcome Fjordlaks Aqua to Vard, and we look forward to cooperate with their team in this project,â€™ said Vard EVP Magne HÃ¥berg.
Vard has developed a broad portfolio of vessels, products and solutions for the aquaculture business. The Vard 8-Series includes a variety of vessels, platforms and barges for fisheries and aquaculture, able to perform functions such as live fish transport and treatment, fish feeding, and fish farm operations and maintenance. The vessels in the series are developed by Vard Design in Ã…lesund, with high focus on environmental sustainability through innovative solutions.
Fjordlaks Aqua is a leading producer of farmed rainbow trout. The company is based in Ã…lesund, and is a fully integrated fish farming company with five farming locations, two smolt production facilities and a slaughter house.
WorldFishingToday - 09-04-2017