- Baltic trawlerâ€™s keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ã…lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VÃ¦rft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Zephyr heads for Norway
- New fly-shooter for young ThyborÃ¸n fisherman
- Norske Â»HardhausÂ« skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelÃ¸b
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- GrÃ¸nlandske fartÃ¸jer vÃ¦lger nordjysk service
- Beinur Ã¦ndre skibsfarve til blÃ¥
- GÃ¥r det for langsomt â€“ sÃ¥ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TÃ¦t kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pÃ¥ toppen.
- TrÃ¦kuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
Fish harvester from Kleven
The Kleven yard has signed a contract for the construction of a fish harvesting vessel for delivering salmon from farms to processing plants.
The Salt Ship Design-designed vessel will be delivered to DESS Aquaculture Shipping, a joint venture company established by Marine Harvest Norway and Deep Sea Supply, in March 2018 by Myklebust Verft. It is being built to a SALT 425 FHV design and the contract includes an option for a second vessel.
â€˜There is impressive research and development work being done in the fish farming industry, and this is absolutely an interesting market for us to be in,â€™ said Kleven CEO StÃ¥le Rasmussen.
â€˜This is a new type of vessel for us, and we look forward to working closely with the ship owner, design company and equipment suppliers on this project.â€™
The yard already has five new fishing vessels for a variety of flags on its orderbook, as well as two live fish carriers for a Norwegian owner.
WorldFishingToday - 02-09-2016