- Baltic trawlerâ€™s keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ã…lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VÃ¦rft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Zephyr heads for Norway
- New fly-shooter for young ThyborÃ¸n fisherman
- Norske Â»HardhausÂ« skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelÃ¸b
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- GrÃ¸nlandske fartÃ¸jer vÃ¦lger nordjysk service
- Beinur Ã¦ndre skibsfarve til blÃ¥
- GÃ¥r det for langsomt â€“ sÃ¥ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TÃ¦t kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pÃ¥ toppen.
- TrÃ¦kuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
New flyshooter built in Poland
Dutch company Quotter has a new VestvÃ¦rft design flyshooter/twin-rig trawler under construction in Poland.
This is the first newbuild for Quotter, which already operates four fishing vessels, the Lunar UK-148, Stella Maris UK-149, Stellar UK-151 and Solar UK-152. The newbuild will be Polar UK-150, measuring 32 metres overall with an 8.70 metre beam. Polar will be delivered to a separate company, Polar Zeevisserij, a subsidiary of Quotter, which in turn is a venture between FishCon in Urk and van der Zwan.
The steel hull has been ordered from the Nauta Shipyard and fitting out will be carried out by Globaltic in Gdynia, where the Stellar is already undergoing a refit at the same yard.
TCD, the technical division of Visserij CoÃ¶peratie Urk, is one of the main suppliers to the new Polar, delivering the winches and the fish handling equipment.
The new vessel is designed to operate primarily on North Sea cod and plaice, as well as fishing for squid and mullet in the Channel during the season. Polar will be completely outfitted and finished in Gdynia for delivery next year.
WorldFishingToday - 06-08-2016