- Keel laid for first of Russian Fishery Company's new fleet
- Norebo supersizes order with four more trawlers
- New Resolute is WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ design
- Aker BioMarine christens new krill catcher
- Rampesca orders second Falklands freezer
- Nodosa delivers first of Cuxhaven pair
- World's largest wellboat â€“ heading for Tasmania
- Saupiquet orders tuna seiner from Piriou
- Trawler order for Rolls-Royce and Astilleros GondÃ¡n
- Double launch at Sefine Shipyard
- Australiaâ€™s biggest rock lobster catcher
- Northern Shipyard adds third longliner to its orderbook
- Stadyard delivers netter/longliner to Kenfish II
- Pella Shipyard launches Russiaâ€™s first custom-built crabber
- Normandy pair from Boulogne yard
- Norske Â»HardhausÂ« skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelÃ¸b
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- GrÃ¸nlandske fartÃ¸jer vÃ¦lger nordjysk service
- Beinur Ã¦ndre skibsfarve til blÃ¥
- GÃ¥r det for langsomt â€“ sÃ¥ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TÃ¦t kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pÃ¥ toppen.
- TrÃ¦kuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
Norwegian trio from Poland
A Norwegian operator has gone to a yard and a designer in Norway and a second yard in Poland for a construction project for three inshore vessels.
Berg Fiskeriselskapâ€™s Hans H is overdue replacement and the Viknaslipen yard has contracted to build a new 10.98 metre vessel with a 4.70 metre beam and equipped with a 265hp Deutz main engine. The steelwork is to be carried out at the Uni Steel yard at Szczecin in Poland, and there is an agreement for two more identical vessels, with al three to be delivered to Norway for outfitting by May next year.
The three vessels are designed by Marin Design AS.
According to Johan Arild Hansen at Berg Fiskeriselskap, the old boats are reaching the end of their working lives and have to be replaced as better working conditions are required for the crew, and better handling and storage facilities are needed for the fish to ensure optimum prices.
WorldFishingToday - 09-06-2016