- Construction starts on second Norebo trawler
- Baltic trawlerâ€™s keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ã…lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VÃ¦rft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Zephyr heads for Norway
Vard lands Havfisk newbuild
Vard Holdings has signed a NOK325 million contract for a fourth new trawler for Havfisk.
In 2013-14 Vard delivered the trio of Gadus Poseidon, Gadus Njord and Gadus Neptun to Havfisk, and now the company has come back for one more vessel, an 80 metre LOA, 17 metre beam trawler built to Vardâ€™s 8-02 design with separate refrigerated and fresh fish holds, a factory deck and an 80 tonne per day freezing capacity, which Vard claims will be the first of its kind. The vessel will have capacity for both white fish and shrimp, and all residual raw material will be made use of.
The design work has been at Vard Design in Ã…lesund and the hull is to be fabricated at Braila in Romania. The hull is then expected to be delivered to the SÃ¸viknes yard in Norway in early 2018 for completion.
â€˜The contracting of a new vessel for delivery in the beginning of 2018 enables Havfisk to make use of regulations allowing the replacements vessels quotas to be fished with other vessels in the companyâ€™s fleet. Havfisk will thereby have nine vessels in operation in 2016, which is expected to give certain savings in operating costs. We have in recent years renewed and upgraded the fleet. With this newbuild Havfisk will increase the efficiency and flexibility further. The new vessel will be an attractive and modern workplace for our employees,â€™ commented Havfisk CEO WebjÃ¸rn Barstad.
WorldFishingToday - 22-02-2016