- Construction starts on second Norebo trawler
- Baltic trawlerâs keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ă lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VĂŚrft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Zephyr heads for Norway
Marketex Marine to build the Biggest fish feeding barge in the world
Estonian company Marketex Marine was awarded a contract by the Norwegian company AKVA Group to build the biggest fish feeding steel barge in the world which has a very unique storage capacity.
According to business analystsâ forecasts, fish farming is escalating rapidly and itâs predicted the industry will supply almost two thirds of the worldâs fresh fish requirements by 2030. âWe are committed to continuing our support to the fish farming industry and are excited about working with our customers to develop the next generation of steel fish feeding barges that offer greater efficiency through increased storage capacity and a high standard of accommodation for the crew working on boardâ, said Darren Edwards the Managing Director of Marketex Marine.
Marketex Marine will manufacture the 40 metre x 12 metre x 850 metric ton Barge on a turnkey basis for the AKVA Group and the barge is scheduled for delivery in September 2014. The barge will be delivered ready to put into operation following F.A.T. and function testing of all its systems at the yard before being towed and put into commission at the fish farm.
During the past 10 years Estonian specialists have manufactured over 250 barges for the fish farming industry, that have successfully operated in different environments throughout the world and approximately 100 of these were manufactured for and delivered to the AKVA Group. âWe believe itâs the experience gained during this time and the quality of our specialists and Project Management team that gave AKVA Group the confidence to place such a significant order with usâ said Mr. Edwards.
Marketex Marine offers large and complex turnkey solutions from steel, stainless steel and aluminum for small shipbuilding, fish farming industry and the renewable energy market. The company is a part of BLRT Grupp, one of the largest industrial holdings in the Baltic States.
WorldFishingToday - 30-04-2014