- New Resolute is WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ design
- Aker BioMarine christens new krill catcher
- Rampesca orders second Falklands freezer
- Nodosa delivers first of Cuxhaven pair
- World's largest wellboat â€“ heading for Tasmania
- Saupiquet orders tuna seiner from Piriou
- Trawler order for Rolls-Royce and Astilleros GondÃ¡n
- Double launch at Sefine Shipyard
- Australiaâ€™s biggest rock lobster catcher
- Northern Shipyard adds third longliner to its orderbook
- Stadyard delivers netter/longliner to Kenfish II
- Pella Shipyard launches Russiaâ€™s first custom-built crabber
- Normandy pair from Boulogne yard
- New Cleopatra 33 delivered to Trondheim
- New autoliner ordered for Tasmanian company
Karstensens Skibverft deliver new trawler/purse seiner to Northern Ireland
Voyager was delivered to The Voyager Fishing Company on the 8th of August this year. The new vessel, LOA 75.4 meters, was delivered Northern Ireland from Karstensens Skibsverft of Denmark. Voyagerâ€™s homeport will be Kilkeel, Northern Ireland.
The Voyager Fishing Company signed the contract in 2008 for the combined trawler/ purse seiner, which was designed by Vik-Sandvik AS. The design was for the engine room to be aft, with sonar room, RSW control room and tunnel thruster compartment located forward. The berthing arrangements â€“ for 14 people â€“ accommodate for nine single berths, three double berths and a hospital room.
Voyager, which has a WÃ¤rtsila 16V32 engine driving a reduction gearbox and a Lips 4000 millimeter diameter propeller, also has two Caterpillar auxiliary engines, a C32 MGS and a C9.
The new vessel, which has a beam of 15.6 meters and a depth at the main deck of 7.2 meters, also has a working speed of 17.5 knots. With accommodation for up to 14 persons and a 10 fish holds, the new Voyager is prepared for everything.
All the winches and cranes are provided by KarmÃ¸y, with a CFlow vacuum pump. Voyager has a domestic fresh water capacity of 75m3 and fuel tank holding 472m3 and a tonnage of 3100GT. The RSW tanks by Midt-Troms and delivered by Norsk Kulde, have a 2465m3 capacity.
WorldFishingToday - 20-10-2010