- Baltic trawlerâ€™s keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ã…lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VÃ¦rft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Zephyr heads for Norway
- New fly-shooter for young ThyborÃ¸n fisherman
LK 986 Prolific
New LK 986 Prolific for Mark Anderson and partner
The Prolific is the latest new build from Parkol Marine, Whitby is goint on her fishing trials on Monday, 12. May 2008, then she is to be delivered to her owners later in the week.
The Â£1.6m vessel is the 22nd boat to be built by Parkol Marine, she is a steel hulled motor fishing vessel as laid out in General Arrangement Drawing number 53305/1 Revision A, having double chine hull, sloped transom stern, semi bulbous bow, soft nose stem and with full length shelter deck.
Arranged for single and twin rig trawling.
Below deck to be subdivided by three watertight bulkheads into: aft accommodation with steering gear, engine room, fishroom and forepeak tank/store.
The main deck is to have an athwartships, steel casing centred aft of midships for galley, mess and washroom. Aft side to have a steel shelter and integral gallow arrangement over net drum space, continued to transom. Forward, to have a non-weathertight aluminium alloy fish handling shelter space with winch and watertight focsle store.
Shelter deck to have aluminium alloy wheelhouse, foremast and landing derrick, trawl gallows and crane with power block.
The Prolific is a sister ship to the LK 985 Copious, completed in April 2006, also owned by Mark Anderson and Partners.
Length Overall 18,77 [m]
Length Register 16,49 [m]
Breadth moulded 7 [m]
Depth moulded 4,15 [m]
Draught aft (design) 4,15 [m]
Fuel capacity (approx) 18,000 liters
Fresh water capacity 4,000 liters
Ice Locker capacity 10 tonnes
Parkol Marine No: 22
WorldFishingToday - 12-09-2010