- Keel laid for first of Russian Fishery Company's new fleet
- Norebo supersizes order with four more trawlers
- New Resolute is WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ design
- Aker BioMarine christens new krill catcher
- Rampesca orders second Falklands freezer
- Nodosa delivers first of Cuxhaven pair
- World's largest wellboat â€“ heading for Tasmania
- Saupiquet orders tuna seiner from Piriou
- Trawler order for Rolls-Royce and Astilleros GondÃ¡n
- Double launch at Sefine Shipyard
- Australiaâ€™s biggest rock lobster catcher
- Northern Shipyard adds third longliner to its orderbook
- Stadyard delivers netter/longliner to Kenfish II
- Pella Shipyard launches Russiaâ€™s first custom-built crabber
- Normandy pair from Boulogne yard
Faroe pelagic ship launced
The most complex fishing vessels for the Faroe islands was launced on February 20 at the Asmar shipyard in Talcahuano, Chile.
The christening and launching ceremony of FV 'NORDBORG' was taken place on February 20 2008. The 83,5m fishing vessel is designed for pelagic fishing by Rolls Royce Marine, Norway, and is currently being built at the newbuilding slipway of the Industrial Plant of ASMAR in Talcahuano (Chile) to be delivered in the mid 2008.
This is one of the most complex fishing vessels and with the latest technology ever built by the local shipyard since she has an on-board processing plant for filleting and packing fish for human consumption and will also be equipped with a highly efficient fish meal and oil processing plant which will make use of 100% of the process's discards and waste.
High authorities and executives of the local and Faeroese fishing industry was invited to the ceremony.
The shipbuilding contract amounted to approximately US$ 40 million was signed on May 27, 2006.
Length 83.50 [m]
Breadth 18.40 [m]
Depth max. 15.65 [m]
Power 8.160 hp @ 750 rpm
Max Speed 16 [kn]
RSW Holds 1.230 [m3]
Refrigerated Holds Lower 1.090 [m3]
Refrigerated Holds Upper 1.390 [m3]
Fish Meal Holds 1.000 [m3]
Fish Oil Tank 175 [m3]
WorldFishingToday - 06-09-2010