- Construction starts on second Norebo trawler
- Baltic trawlerâ€™s keel laid at Kaliningrad yard
- World's largest hybrid fishing boat reaches home
- Tuna seiner contract for Galician owner goes to Freire
- Taits christened at Westcon
- New research vessel for Greenland
- Strand Senior delivered by Karstensens
- New Cleopatra for Ã…lesund
- Larsnes Mek Verksted delivers second of seiner pair
- Markus christened in Vigo
- Trawler order for Jobi VÃ¦rft
- Skipsteknisk to design new research vessel for Ireland
- Wales gets first of new fisheries patrol vessels
- Vard series for Iceland on track
- Zephyr heads for Norway
Faroe pelagic ship launced
The most complex fishing vessels for the Faroe islands was launced on February 20 at the Asmar shipyard in Talcahuano, Chile.
The christening and launching ceremony of FV 'NORDBORG' was taken place on February 20 2008. The 83,5m fishing vessel is designed for pelagic fishing by Rolls Royce Marine, Norway, and is currently being built at the newbuilding slipway of the Industrial Plant of ASMAR in Talcahuano (Chile) to be delivered in the mid 2008.
This is one of the most complex fishing vessels and with the latest technology ever built by the local shipyard since she has an on-board processing plant for filleting and packing fish for human consumption and will also be equipped with a highly efficient fish meal and oil processing plant which will make use of 100% of the process's discards and waste.
High authorities and executives of the local and Faeroese fishing industry was invited to the ceremony.
The shipbuilding contract amounted to approximately US$ 40 million was signed on May 27, 2006.
Length 83.50 [m]
Breadth 18.40 [m]
Depth max. 15.65 [m]
Power 8.160 hp @ 750 rpm
Max Speed 16 [kn]
RSW Holds 1.230 [m3]
Refrigerated Holds Lower 1.090 [m3]
Refrigerated Holds Upper 1.390 [m3]
Fish Meal Holds 1.000 [m3]
Fish Oil Tank 175 [m3]
WorldFishingToday - 06-09-2010