- New Hardhaus gets battery hybrid propulsion
- Trawler pair on the way home to Iceland
- Vard to build liner/seine netter for RemÃ¸ybuen
- Argos Froyanes longliners delivered
- New Radek from Stadyard
- Freezer trawlers take shape at Vyborg yard
- New crabberâ€™s keel laid
- New Themis delivered
- Heavyweight Cleopatra autoliner delivered
- Two more for Nauta orderbook
- Janni â€“ Hanstholm fishermanâ€™s dream
- New Cleopatra for Stavanger
- New Havskjer ordered from Skagen
- New generation longliner/seine netter for Ã…lesund
- Geir: third Skipsteknisk design for HP Holmeset
New Hardhaus gets battery hybrid propulsion
Norwegian fishing company Hardhaus AS has ordered an environmentally friendly new pelagic vessel with a hybrid battery propulsion system, electrical deck machinery and heat recovery.
Salt Ship Design has over the past year worked closely with the customer to develop an optimised and energy efficient vessel, and the 75 metre purse seiner/pelagic trawler will be built at the Cemre Shipyard in Turkey.
The owners have put special emphasis on optimising the hull shape and the main dimensions, which have been fine-tuned throughout the development phase.
The new Hardhaus is designed R03;with a focus on energy saving, freeboard, stability, draught and vessel motion. The model test programme is still in the initial phase, and the design development will continue for quite some time.
The vessel will be equipped with electrical deck machinery. To benefit from the reactive power generated by the winches, the ship will be equipped with a comprehensive battery installation.
In addition, the batteries will be used for peak saving to achieve the best possible operating conditions for the diesel engine, reducing fuel consumption, emissions and wear and tear.
Hardhaus will have capacity to operate in either conventional diesel-mechanical or diesel-battery electric mode.
â€œFor Salt Ship Design, it has been very inspiring and interesting to work with such a dedicated and experienced ship owner,â€™ Egil Sandvik at Salt ship Design said. â€˜We are proud to be selected as the designer of the new Hardhaus.â€™
Enova has supported the project and made it possible for the owners of Hardhaus to invest in the energy efficient battery installaton and electric winches.
WorldFishingToday - 23-03-2018